Monday, August 2, 2010

The Anchor


The Anchor
By Rev. Diannia Baty

The storm pounds and rages
and I turn the pages
in my meandering mind
and dare step back in time

I go to moments crystal clear
When I shed so many tears
and my heart ripped a seam
Now all feels like dirty dreams

Backward times when filled with dread
and I wished that I were dead
Conflict announced it was my dark friend
It tried to break me unto the end.

My God did softly come to me
and threw an anchor into my sea
I was told to grab the ring
I was told to dance and sing

I protested that I was not worthy of this
It is the Holy Ones who feel such bliss
I do not deserve this thing called love
or this abundance that you speak of.

At this my mighty God did laugh
and said, "my child you are whole not half"
Use your mind and your beating heart
Know that we have never been apart.

www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment