Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Affirmative Prayer


Rev. Lady Diannia Baty
I have been receiving some great feedback from those of you who are practicing affirmative prayer in their lives. It takes very little time out of your life to do this and the rewards are greater than I can put in this article. Trust me, it works.
The next affirmative prayer starts the same way as the last two and this one has only three words and it is…


“God, thank you.”

You can say just these three words or you can fill in the blanks for what you are thanking God for. Just to thank God in general is enough but many times when you are practicing this prayer so many things come to mind that you automatically start a list of all you are thankful for. I am thankful for many things throughout any given day. It may be for beautiful weather or the flowers that I planted that are now blooming and thriving. I am thankful for the crepe myrtle tree I planted that has new growth on it. I am thankful to be living in this wonderful house. I am thankful for the birds that have made my yard their home. I am thankful for my friends and supporters. I am thankful for you, dear readers.
I am thankful for each and every comment you send.
Every time I feel happiness for something I say these three words, “God, thank you.”
This prayer puts you in an automatic state of gratitude. Feeing gratitude is a powerful way to look at your life and all your experiences that unfold. I am connected to the universal source of all things immediately.
One morning about two weeks ago as I was looking out the picture window in my family room, I was struck with such gratitude just because I was alive and able to use this mind and free-will to create. I was grateful for no reason at all except that I am alive. That is reason enough. One thing that stuck in my mind is no matter how hard life may be for some they cling to it with the ferocity of an alligator. I have heard stories of people who were going to commit suicide but after they took the pills or whatever they looked for help right away. Some people who have jumped off bridges and survived were so happy that they did because they realized just how precious life is and were grateful to have another chance at it. I hear stories of people who have survived against incredible odds.
Such is the will to live, strong and overwhelming. Brighter days are always ahead if you just hang in there. If you are going to live do it with gusto and enjoy every moment and be grateful for it. Remember the three word affirmative prayer,
“God, thank you.”
Be thankful for no reason at all other than you can say these three words and mean it.
Sincerity is important. Say it from the heart and trust that you have been heard every time you utter it. This is the case with all the affirmative prayers. They are said as a statement of fact. Below is comments sent to me by one of my class members who has given her permission to share it.

These affirmations are wonderful. I have noticed a difference in myself just since that powerful class we had last week. I really enjoyed it. By far, it affected me the most out of all the classes I have attended. Since then I have been feeling more peaceful and calm. I am also having more increased experiences with precognition moments before the event. My dreams have been very busy and I wake up feeling like I've done more in my sleep than I ever do awake. I feel that a lot is going on here and I am being prepared for something. Thank you for all your insights, as I relate to them and look forward to finding out more and taking my spiritual life in a huge move forward. It's time for me...NOW. Laurette Tupper



www.makeachoicenow.com website

No comments:

Post a Comment