Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Affirmative Prayer







I am going to present to you a new idea of affirmative prayer .
If it is used it is life altering.








What I am about to share with you is very powerful so I need your complete attention. If you are just going to scan this then close it and open it later when you have more time to read and digest it. There is no doubt if you are reading this that you desire your connection to God to be more powerful and peaceful. You long for that connection with your source to be life changing and filled with gratitude. The yearning you feel inside to make some sense out of your life is getting stronger isn’t it?
I know how that intense longing feels. I wasn’t quite sure what that longing was when it first started with me. Even though I may have been home at the time, I still did not feel I was home. When it came to God, I felt like I was a redheaded stepchild or a distant cousin twice removed. I found myself many nights looking up at the night sky wondering if I was an alien or something. I didn’t feel like I belonged.
When I would look at mountain vistas it would make me feel very melancholy. I would have a sudden urge to fly. I wanted to know what “oneness” was that was spoken about by the avatars and spiritual teachers of the ages. Jesus said that we were one. What did he mean exactly? In fact he spoke about it a lot and in many ways. Now, I know that Jesus did live and he did walk this world. I absolutely believe that he performed some incredible miracles. He also said that the least of what he did, we could do also. It was also one of the things that I wondered about.
What was he talking about? He talked about moving mountains and the faith of a mustard seed. This tiny seed of faith once planted grows and expands until it becomes belief and finally knowledge. First plant the seed of faith.
God has been described with so many descriptions and qualities and in so many ways that you almost don’t know where to turn.

Affirmative prayer is short, heartfelt prayers that cut to the chase so to speak. These statements are said in a prayerful way to keep you connected with your source throughout the day. It should be always said in a positive way. For those of you who are uncomfortable with prayer or feel somehow disconnected I am going to help.
Your first thought of the day before you get out of bed and let the dog out is to say four words, “God, I Love You.” Say it out loud and often throughout the day. Make it a daily thing. Try not to skip a day. If something moves you with emotion while you are going about your life like a beautiful sunrise or watching a baby play with his toes say this affirmative prayer again, “God, I love you.” There are times when I say this and I get goose bumps and I feel a sense of great joy. If I feel just a little stressed I say it and I immediately calm down and become more focused. After a week or so of saying this you will watch moments of miracles unfold in your life. What is happening is that you are starting to see the blessings that are already happening and have been happening since the day you drew your first breath.
Your view of what a miracle is should give way to the fact that God has no limitations on what a miracle is. Miracles should be defined as the moments of your life graced by God’s presence. God is limitless! Put aside moments of your day to say these four words to the universal creator. Put some passion into it. Get heart centered and open your mouth and say it…
“God, I love you!”
It is vital that you understand that the emotion attached to telling God of your love
is gratitude. You automatically feel gratitude. The law of attraction states that you get in return what you put forth in thought, word, action and deed. When you say those beautiful words you are connected with source with emotion. Chanting it is even more powerful. Gratitude takes over your being. It is so sweet when you feel this. You are grateful for no reason except that you exist and are feeling God’s presence like never before. This is gratitude in its purest form. I have no idea how many times I say this in a day. It has taken on a life of its own. After a while you not only feel gratitude, you become gratitude itself. The lifeblood of God’s essence starts pumping its way into your consciousness and that is LOVE! You have become love.
Now, when you give love to someone it is in its most authentic form. You cannot give to others what you do not have for yourself. You are loving yourself by virtue of your love affirmations to the creator.
If you are hurting, frightened, grieving or suffering in any way, I urge you to start this today. I can see the shifts that are taking place as the great purge is taking place. If ever there was a time to make some changes, this is it. Our world is making its way toward something more loving and more community orientated. I feel a presence as I write this so I am compelled to say,
“God, I love you!”
I will share with you more on affirmative prayer but this is the most powerful one so this is where you start. Share with me of your experiences as you do this and I will post some of the responses so it will encourage and inspire others. No matter where you are in the world or what your religion is or what you call your personal creator, it makes no difference. Just say it.
“God, I love you!”

www.makeachoicenow.com

1 comment:

  1. "God, I love you." Children say it so easily, expecting nothing in return except love. It's true that what one voices aloud into the universe comes back to you. We’re God’s creation. The Holy Bible: ‘Revelation 1:8: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.’ I have what one might call “an unceasing prayer” with our heavenly Father, because for me God exists “in all things, in all places, in all times. For as awareness is so is God consciousness.” I accept this truth because of what I experienced and then wrote in Mommy’s Writings. The passage Psalm 143 vs. 8 in The Holy Bible is an attentively mindful morning prayer for the love of God.

    Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author
    www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Mommy, would you like a sandwich?

    ReplyDelete