Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BOLTS OF LOVE



Rev. Lady Diannia Baty © 2009

I wanted to express my thoughts on love and gratitude. It is my belief and experience that when we are expressing gratitude to our source
we can suddenly be hit with a wave of emotion that can make us weep and feel euphoric. In that moment it can be intense and so beautiful.

What we are feeling is concentrated focused love from our creator and the universal energy of all. We are feeling God’s heart. We are feeling bolts of love. I have tried to describe this bolt of love to someone who is new in the practice of gratitude. I encourage them to practice gratitude until it becomes a natural part of their thought process. All I can tell them is…can they imagine feeling this incredible inflow of love often? It is not a rare thing. It can be something that sustains us and lifts us up long after the intensity of the experience has passed.


Talk about basking in the glow. It is amazing.


There is no drug that exists today that can even come close to producing the experience of being one with God’s heart. For me it is an endorphin rush beyond anything I have ever felt. It is truly feeling washed with the Holy Spirit. I spiritually and emotionally crave God’s presence in my life and to know and feel it in a powerful way.

It is interesting to note that I have been receiving messages regarding gratitude my entire life. It started as a child when my mother told me to be grateful for the oatmeal I had for breakfast instead of complaining that we were eating it again. She said if I were starving I would surely be grateful then. Our spiritual teachers come in many ways and forms. Years ago, I had an old clunker of a car and it gave me a lot of problems. I was at the garage again getting ready to pay for repairs that I could ill afford and grumbling about it when the mechanic said I should be grateful I had at car at all. He was right.

Later, I was in a serious car accident and had been hit broadside by another car. My car came to rest two inches from a gas pump after my car spun around in the intersection. When the police officer arrived he found me very upset with the soda I had been holding dripping off of me. I had a scratch and a bruised knee. My car was totaled and I was whining about it. He said I should be grateful I was alive and the car could be replaced. He was right. It was an extremely close call. Then there was the time I had my heart seriously broken by a man I loved so much. He had betrayed me in a callous horrible way. I was pouring out my heart to a friend and she said that I should be grateful that he revealed to me what kind of person he was. Now I could go on and put it behind me after I healed. She was right.

Time after time I am reminded that gratitude can be expressed no matter what has occurred in our life. I am so grateful for many things. It is the only way to start my day after I wake up and express my love to God and affirm that I know I am loved in return.
When I started my spiritual studies in earnest one of the first things I read about was gratitude and how powerful it was. Jesus spoke many times about expressing gratitude.
In almost every ancient spiritual text there is something about gratitude.
There are 138 passages of scripture that deal with the subject of giving thanks.

When you start to see the good instead of the negatives in life you are half way there. The reasons may not be revealed to you right away but the blessing is always there. I am blessed to be able to convey my thoughts to you so that you can seek a few bolts of God’s love too! It is a funny thing about gratitude, the more you do it the more you want to do it. Expressing gratitude is addictive but this is an addiction that I welcome. We are sadly conditioned to concentrate on what we don’t have and don’t want. We should be putting our thoughts on what we do have and what we do want and being very clear about it. Every time we put forth thought and emotions it has a vibratory nature that shoots out into the universal quantum soup. All is energy. We are energy and thereto so is whatever we may consciously or unconsciously issue from our mind and lips. We are not an empty vessel. We are constantly in motion expressing and attracting.

Our Source, Creator, God, The All, I Am…charges toward you in a speedy way when you are expressing gratitude. It is a form of love and ergo it attracts it right back at you. You will find when practicing gratitude that there is no room in your mind for negativity. So, go ahead and be mindful of gratitude so you can feel some bolts of love sweep over you and fill you with sustainable joy and peace.
Do not wait to grow blind in order to appreciate your eyesight. Do not wait to lose your legs to appreciate being able to walk. Do not wait until you have nothing to appreciate. Be grateful now!

It is not enough to have free-will; the main thing is to use it well and in a deliberate powerful way.
Why not use it in gratitude?
This is just something to think about.

www.makeachoicenow.com

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful writing this is, such a simple concept and we rarely ever use this way of living.

    ReplyDelete