Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Animals Are Teaching Us Something



Yes, This is a photo of me with a female chimp by the name of Tanzy. It was taken a few years back but the experience was unforgettable. I played with her for an entire afternoon. She had not reached the age of sexual maturity so she was not dangerous yet. She was delightful. She was fascinated by my eyes and especially my eyelashes. Her touch was very gentle. I felt such a connection with her and could not believe my luck at being able to be with such an exotic animal for an entire day. She looked for long periods of time into my eyes never wavering.
Almost daily all over the world there are animal interactions that are astounding and I feel it is the universe trying to wake us up to just exactly what we have in our care. The intelligence, compassion and love that is being shown by the animals are lessons for all of us. There will come a day when the lion does lie down with the sheep and in many ways it is happening already. If you have an animal in your care be responsible and love and care for them as they are precious and innocent and do not have all the weird mental problems that we have unless we put them there by mistreating or neglecting them. Their capacity to forgive being mistreated is off the charts.
We are constantly hearing about another species that is endangered and possibly going extinct. I think we should wake up before we are the one on the endangered list. There are some that think we already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment