Thursday, February 25, 2010

Angel Transformation...A Poem





Angel Transformation
By Rev.Diannia Baty ©

I walked in my garden filled with serenity
When I saw an ugly thing that broke my reverie
It was a loathsome caterpillar in stripes of green and white
This tiny creature was an unexpected sight

I wanted to crush it and make it dead
When I heard the word “stop” inside my head
It froze me into stillness instantly
Was this the beginning of insanity?

The voice said, “Let it be.”
Look closer now and tell me what you see.
On my close inspection…two blue eyes were looking back at me!

In disbelief I knew this was not a dream
Everything was exactly as it seemed
I heard the words “it is the way.”
And my body started to sway.

In a dead faint I slumped down
Into a crumpled heap upon the ground
I was picked up gently into a strong embrace
And I saw the most beautific face.

It was an angel that held me in its arms.
The words were spoken “don’t be alarmed.”
You’ve been chosen…be full of wonder.
It is Gods spell that you are under

This angel that hovered in front of me
Was the most wondorous thing I have ever seen?
Its wings unfolded and they were full of light
I have never beheld anything so bright

It said Gods angels appear where you would not think
We are in blue waters and skies of pink
We come from your wishes and when you despair
We are around you everywhere

We are with you when you plead
For God to help you in time of need
We are helping you when you are in pain
We stand beside you in sun or rain

We are with you when you cry
We are with you when you laugh or sigh
We are with you when your heart breaks
We are helping when you create

Now still yourself to witness a transformation
Of one of Gods glorious creations
This caterpillar that was crawling on the tree
Started glowing with an intensity

It sprouted wings that turned to gold
and formed a face that was very old.
It grew in size that was 10 feet tall
In comparison I felt very small

In a ringing voice it spoke to me
and said I am the angel that is meant for thee…

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of that blue-eyed caterpillar in the Alice in Wonderland movie! What a fabulous portrail of someone's "dream". We can ALL be that creative... if we accept with GRATITUDE that we ARE!!
    Jan Jenson

    ReplyDelete