Monday, March 7, 2011

Spiritual Bounty In A Box!


Rev. Diannia Baty
Spiritual Bounty In A Box!

The next time you are around someone who is putting together a shelving unit or something similar that comes in a box, take the time to really observe them. It will tell you a lot where they are on their path. It will also tell you the same thing about yourself. I used to absolutely abhor this activity. It wa...s very frustrating for me. Now, I am not bothered at all.

I read the instructions thoroughly after unpacking everything making sure all the parts are there before I proceed. Sometimes just opening the box itself comes with instructions. Then I just start.
Step 1 and so on.

If frustration is present at any point, I step away from it and do something else for a bit and go back to it. It usually is smooth sailing from there. I can tell from this one activity how much I have grown spiritually. I do not allow frustration to take over. For most of us the norm is to just keep on getting more frustrated until we screw it up somehow and have to take apart something we just put together. It is not uncommon to see some people have a temper tantrum with this activity. We may have tried to skip steps and ignore the book of instructions that may be five pages long. Then the cherry on the top of this particular cake is we blame the manufacturer or the manual that we only glanced at etc. I think you get the picture.

What I am saying here it is time to hold ourselves big time accountable and take responsibility and using due diligence really take our spiritual learning and practices seriously.

When you lay out all the parts of your life and take inventory...is there a vital piece or two missing? If there is, this plane ain't going to fly.
Is the box packed up as tightly as the day you got it covered in dust in the garage of the mind somewhere?
Our world is evolving and so are we,
so get out your spiritual tool box and get busy!
www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment