Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Miss Fuzz, The Kitty Queen


MISS FUZZ...The Kitty Queen

For just a moment I want to share about the resident kitty...Miss Fuzz!
In a years time since she moved in with her caretaker she has gone from hiding all the time and not wanting to be picked up to a true Kitty Queen. She follows me like a puppy and will come to me when called. She demands attention now... w...anting to be held, rubbed and talked to.

All you have to do is grab her brush and she is there in a heart beat. When she first got here I pretty much left her alone. I figured that if she could do this "getting to know you stuff," on her own terms it would be exceptional and I was right.
I have taught her to tap on the door when she wants in and out and she takes that to its limits sometimes. I have to keep the pet door closed during the winter. She loves the outdoors and will ask to go out when it is below freezing...then of course after ten minutes of hunkering down and puffing out her fur, she gets cold and wants back in. I suspect she has some kitty friends out there.

In any event I have watched this cat become a Kitty Queen and I am honored to be a part of the journey. What I have learned from being with her is to give people and pets... space and take your time getting to know them. I learned the patience is its own reward.

I am grateful for so many things and Now I am grateful for Miss Fuzz and the gift of love is shared and expands.

No comments:

Post a Comment