Saturday, January 8, 2011

Are you a Blinker or a Thinker?


ARE YOU A BLINKER OR A THINKER?
by Rev. Diannia Baty

Are you a blinker or a thinker?

When you hear, read about, or view something that is new and out of your usual interests or understanding do you just blink a few times and move on or do you investigate further, check it out and educate yourself before arriving at a personal conclusion? Nothing irritates me more than for someone to deliver an opinion about something they know nothing about! Then when you ask them a question they blink, blink, blink!

I have always been curious about new things. I want to know more. I investigate to the inth degree. I study upon it for a while. I do not toss out gaining further knowledge just because it feels strange or different. I cannot arrive at educated decisions about something unless I know what it is and how it works.

Many times I meet people who have a concrete stance on something and as they start talking I realize they have not investigated what it is they are rejecting or believing. I hear the voices of conditioning and peer pressure. I hear the strains of a concerto of control. I hear that that is just the way it is...Then comes the blink, blink, blink and blink.

So what I say to you is you do not have to be an expert on something to arrive at a stance on it but you do have to know what you are talking about.

For all of those thinkers out there, my hats off to you. It doesn't always make us popular but it is important that we carry on.

I have had this come to me while in meditation. I saw a big violet eye that sat in the Universe and blinked. I asked what it meant and I was told THINK!



I am going to think my thoughts and they are mine to think to my souls' content

www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment