Saturday, October 30, 2010

Speaking Our Truth


Speaking Your Truth
by Rev. Diannia Baty

As a spiritual coach, people come to me to help them with their lives. They come to me to help them dissolve blocks and fears that are holding them back. Of course I am as supportive as I can be and nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing someone moving forward and enjoying life. However, there are also times when I notice that the person may be avoiding dealing with, or actually seeing something in their lives because of some kind of fear they have. The question is do I tell them what I can see and risk them being upset or angry, or do I not say anything and let them think it’s all OK. For me, the former is where I like to think I act from. That is why people return to me: because they know I will not just flatter them and instead will help them to see things from a clear and deep level.



When we speak our truth it doesn’t need to be cutting, angry, or rude. It doesn’t need to put others down. Truth is not about “right” and “wrong” it is about acting from a place of authenticity of what we really are (extensions of Source energy – i.e. Souls having a physical experience). When we choose to connect with the authenticity and purity of our Being, we cannot harm or hurt anyone else. It’s not possible. Acting and speaking our truth, as I said above, takes courage. It takes courage to stand in our light, power, and truth knowing that there are others who will disagree and possibly even hate us for it. But the payoff is a knowing that we are acting from a place of pure, unconditional love and that we are being true to ourselves and our values. Further, understanding that speaking our truth is not making others wrong or putting them down. It is about being honest about who we are and where we are, and loving and honoring ourselves as much as we honor and love others. Intention is the key here: the intention to speak our truth, and act from a place of mutual respect and pure, unconditional love. When truth comes from this place of unconditional love it may sometimes be painful at first, but it brings with it healing and insight. By acting in this way, we give permission to others to do the same, and find that others treat us with the same loving respect. WWW.MAKEACHOICENOW.COM

1 comment:

  1. Dianna this is very true. I have experienced this truth since I was seven, and have been yelled at, spat at, laughed at or people have walked away. But still I clung on to it, and decided consciously to reclaim my truth back in 2002.

    It has been awesome, and it is all real, right here, right now. Still people laugh, yell and criticise but they know, deep down, that nothing will prevent what I am manifesting in this world: compassion, healing and connectedness.

    Bless you for sharing

    ReplyDelete