Friday, September 10, 2010

Let's Get Real


Every day in one way or another I am exposed to all that is going on in this world. As a spiritual teacher and a leader I cannot ignore it. I have to stay informed. I would like to limit my exposure to the media but I can't.
My heart aches for those in dire straits who are losing their homes and for the job seekers. College graduates cannot find jobs either. It is not just the average American that can't find a job right now. There is crazy stuff all over the globe and all I know that I can do is keep moving forward.
There is some nutty pastor in Florida who is talking about burning 100 copies of the Koran tomorrow and it will set off a hailstorm of hate and we certainly don't need more of that. There is way too much of it. Any pastor or religious leader who promotes hate is twisted and totally clueless about what this world needs. There has been so much killing done in the name of some religion and because they think that their God wants it this way. What? Why?
It is time to lay down the swords and take up the staff of peace and educate ourselves. Knowledge is truly power and as someone said to me this morning a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. I totally got what she meant.
All this firestorm of hate is like someone who buys something that has to be assembled. They only read a few of the directions and the whole thing is messed up or falls apart after they do their assembly in haste. Then they wonder what went wrong!
Our God is a God of love...Get it? If you haven't then it is time to go back to spiritual school.
www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment