Monday, April 5, 2010

It is a long way down off that cliff





I like to think from the back end forward when I have a fear of something happening.
I go to that dark place of possible dire circumstances and many times find that facing the fear down takes its power away. I call it out and give it a name and go a few rounds with it.
I am so over allowing any fear to rule my life. After all it is me that brings the fear into existence with my thoughts. So I pretend that the worst has already happened and face it down out of the dark corners of my mind.
God empowers me to not let fear rule my life if I just let God help. There is a story I have heard that illustrates this point beautifully. A man is looking out over a canyon and takes a step to far and over the side he goes. It is two thousand feet down and at the last moment he grabs a tree root and is hanging on crying out to God to save him. "Help me God," he cries over and over in a panicked voice. Finally He hears God's booming yet sweet voice speak to him and say, "just let go child and I will catch you." The man quickly responds, Is there anyone else out there?"
There have been times when I have cried out to God to help me and then didn't listen when the help arrived. I didn't trust it because my fear was so powerful that it made me not trust my union with God. Believe with every fiber of your being that your creator is there to help you solve everything.
www.makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment