Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do you know that what you think is true and what you have been told is true, IS TRUE?



I have been getting so many calls and e-mails from all of you telling me how much you love this blog and I am grateful. It was my intention to address all the comments and requests I received before I started it that it was never enough. The classes were not enough and the articles I sent out several times a week didn't satisfy you hungry seekers.
In my prayers and meditations before I started it I was led to give you access to a lot of things that you could read, watch and listen to. Before I put anything here I ask God to lead me. As always, I am led. God has never let me down.
Right now at this time in history there are so many changes going on and the shifts of beliefs and authority are changing. We are changing with it.
It would have never been tolerated in the recent past to question our ideas about God
or the bible ever! Those that did had a hard time of it. I know that God is pleased that we are using our own minds to sift through the debris of what we thought about the universe and find the truths that are hidden there. We have ridden on the coat-tails of what others have told us is true for too long.
So, I ask this question. How do we know what we know, and with what makes us think that what we think is so, and with what makes us think that what we know or think we know is worth knowing? Just this question is a question within itself.
There is a growing unrest and exodus in the churches as people become unhappy with a clergy that refuses to answer or even tolerate these kind of questions. There is also a growing number of burn-out cases being experienced by mainline churches across this country in their clergy members. This has led to counseling and resource
programs to assist congregational leaders in the process of bringing themselves and their people into the 21st century.

Not all the churches and religions are on this progressive band wagon and have dug their heels in hard to maintain hard line belief systems about God, the bible and our universe. I would like to use one of Dr. Phil's questions for this. "How is it working for you?" The pervasive answer to any questions that go against the norm is, "Don't you dare question God." I say quit hiding behind what is not working anymore and use your God given mind for something other than a hat-rack. I am questioning you...not God.

The time to try and silence those who are willing to speak out and question what we have always thought to be true is gone. There are many of us stepping up and are not willing to dodge the big questions any longer.

The churches are in crisis. We are in crisis. There is a disconnect going on and it is bigger than you would think. I applaud those spiritual leaders who are willing to think outside the box and answer the inner call to turn everything inside out and be progressive in their teachings. This is what everyone is hungry for even if they cannot articulate it.

I am an ordained reverend but I do not throw the title about. I am not currently affiliated with any organized church. My church is the world, one person at a time.
When I teach my spiritual development class every week you will find me in jeans most of the time. I am irreverent and love humor to get a point across. In my speaking engagements you may hear me use a word or two that most members of the clergy won't use and when it gets my point across I can hear God laughing and encouraging me. If I have any questions I go right to my source...no middle man.

www.makeachoicenow.com ladydiannia@makeachoicenow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment