Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Power Of Intention and Thought!



I am going to be putting things on my blog more than usual to give you something to look over and then I will slow down but for now I am busy getting it together for you. I just got a call from someone who loves it and asked me why I didn't do this a long time ago and my answer is because I thought I would not have enough skill to go forward with it.
I remember a long time ago convincing myself that learning macrame would be too hard. I wanted to learn this particular skill of tying knots in fancy ways to make things. It excited me at the prospect of being able to do it but I never took any lessons. I felt what was the use.
I felt the classes were too costly and very soon a coupon arrived in the mail for half off the classes. The obstacle was removed. Co-incidence? I think not.Finally, I decided to go for it. I signed up for a local class and the day finally arrived. There was about eight of us in class men and women alike.The instructor was a woman of about thirty and she showed us examples of things that she had made.I was very impressed. Once more that voice rang up inside me that said, "this is beyond you and you are wasting your time and money." The first lesson was how to tie the various knots and we made a plant hanger. What I discovered is I was a natural at this and my fingers flew. It was too easy for me. The next day I purchased what I needed and started designing my own creations. I made hanging chairs, lamp shades and hammocks. I loved it. I put together a few of my own design books and sold them.
I made lovely things for gifts and had a blast doing it.
My point to all of this is when I finally decided to start a blog, it wasn't near as difficult as I thought and I have such a sense of accomplishment and the energy of the feel good feeling is addictive. I am creating and when I am creating I am in such a state of peace and joy.
What are you holding back in terms of creating something? What are the internal voices telling you? This is something I will have to be aware of due to prior conditioning from childhood when I never felt good enough or worthy.This is part of a life long spiritual lesson for me to not listen to the negative inner whispers!I am worthy and I am more than good enough.
God celebrates my accomplishments and guides me forward for more of the same and will do the same for you.

1 comment:

  1. I so love this, being able to come read anytime I have a few extra minutes.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete